Al-Salam Alikom from Kuwait

hi all flow beekeepers …

am Ali from Kuwait …
i’m interested in beekeeping and getting to learn more about bees …
i still have now hives …
am thinking about using the roof to put the hives …
there is some gardens around our area with Jujube trees which i have heard that bees collect nectar in our area …

before ordering my first hive …
i like to get some advice from all the experts here …

Best Regards …

Welcome Al-Salam.
My advice is to start reading this forum, that will give you lots of beekeeping education. And days and weeks of reading. There are also lots of links posted that you can follow up on.
Enjoy!

Welcome aboard, Kuwait huh, I recall it gets a little warm there from time to time. Where I live, Western Australia, it also gets a tad warm during the summer months. So warm in fact, you can smell the honey in the hive 300 meters away. The bees must have a hard time fighting the temps within to stop everything from melting. So be advised, you may need to consider some form of shade for them during the hottest parts of the day. And, LOTS and LOTS of water available for them AT ALL TIMES.

sure alot of info is available online …
hearing from some experts might give you some more knowledge …

thnx …

yeah i’m planning it install some shaded before getting the hives …
it gets over 50c …

but what i am wondering about is why all of the hives used in Kuwait is a one level hive …
they only use the brood box and get the honey from that box each season …
and that from what i have read is not the right way fro bee keeping …

using a super to get the honey from is much better to insure that the bees has something to feed on after collecting the honey …

but it could be because of the heat the bees can’t fill both the brood and super box …

G’day again Ali, regards your question of why folks in your back yard are only using one box, I’d say you need to ask some of them for the reason. I myself use two for brood, and the Flow box on top. The reason I use TWO brood boxes is to ensure a healthy happy progressive hive that has enough food within the two boxes to sustain them thru lean times. Even then, I found last winter I still needed to feed them the last month with 3 liters of sugar water, which they used every drop.
Let me know when you find out why only one brood box is used.

Regards,

Eddy