Asbestos Smokers

Hi, just had an email from NSW DPI advising beekeepers to check their smokers as some purchased online with a cloth fabric are being found to contain asbestos :ok_woman:

1 Like

Hey,

To inform everyone about Flow’s smokers, our quality control team has thoroughly investigated this issue as part of our internal manufacturing QC and we can assure everyone that our smokers do not contain any asbestos in any of the materials used.

:+1:

2 Likes

My husband is an expert on asbestos-related diseases, so I really appreciate that Flow is taking this seriously

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@Bianca never doubted my flow smoker for a minute, but thank you for the heads up :pray:

2 Likes

Thought they stopped using that junk in the 60’s. :man_facepalming:

(Update) after doing some research, apparently it is a layer between the circuit board and the combustion chamber that contains asbestos to insulate. It is imported by some knock off brand of electric smoker. I mean, really… squeeze it folks, not a lot of effort there. Also, the articles about it state that there is only a danger it you bust up or break the barrier between the combustion chamber and circuit board. :see_no_evil: sounds like it is not really a thing to worry about.

1 Like