Basic question for new beekeepers...seniors please help

Hey friends,
I am Anshul from INDIA. Namaste to all of you :slight_smile:
I am creating new topic board for new beginner bee keepers…as they have many questions regarding beekeeping. so lets start

reply those who want to participate as seniors

The whole forum covers many topics for new & experienced alike, if you have a particular query, search the forum topics, there are many from/for new beekeepers

I have moved your topic to the “Beekeeping Basics” section of our forum - this is where you post your specific questions.
A lot of beginner beekeeping questions have already been covered in this area. So it is best to have a read through the “Beekeeping Basics” - http://forum.honeyflow.com/c/beekeeping-basics - section before you post new topics.
If you can’t find what you are looking for - you can do a search in the top right hand corner of the screen with key words you are looking for.
One of the experienced beekeepers will then get back to you with their knowledge and expertise.

1 Like

Hello, I just installed my first hive today. I put the queen cage between two frames. It wasn’t until after I came back inside my house I realized I did not uncork her cage. The beekeeping book I have says if this happens, check the hive in about two days to see if the bees have accepted her, then uncork her so they can take care of her. This seems a long time for her to be in that cage. Also, I don’t want to bother them too much while they set up household. How do I proceed?
Another thing, the bees were delivered yesterday, but we had blowing snow, so I kept them in my house until today. The temperatures today are 47F and sunny. Is there anything I should know about this? Looks like after a few hours, some bees were being dragged out of the hive and thrown off the entry board.
So many questions! They are fascinating to watch just flying and crawling around the hive.

It isn’t really that long. Queens which are properly caged can last a week or more without too many problems. I wouldn’t recommend that long, but you don’t need to panic. :blush:

Normal good bee behavior. They don’t tolerate dirt, pests or dead bodies. Very clean creatures. :wink: