Broken cell in flow hive frame

I noticed one cell on one frame of my honey flow is broken. So when I twist the lever to harvest honey, that side of the cell does not move up and the honey does not flow.
I sent an email to flow hive but havent received a response.

Will they replace the frame for me? What is the incidence of these breakages? Anyone experience this as well? I am hoping this is a rare occurrence since I just purchased this hive in the spring.

A couple of photos would help a lot, to see what you are saying. I am sure that @Freebee2 will chime in too. :blush:

Picture is difficult, I was (un)lucky that the breakage is in front otherwise I would never know.

When I twist the lever, the upper part moves up, but due to the breakage, the cell does not shift.

Dawn_SD
Regular

October 1

duorah:
side of the cell does not move up and the honey does not flow

A couple of photos would help a lot, to see what you are saying. I am sure that @Freebee2 will chime in too. :blush:

I see that you are in Santa Clara, a few hundred miles north of me. At this time of year, your Flow super should be off the hive with your climate, or the bees may gum it up with propolis. Once it is off, you can take a picture more easily of the side of the frame, otherwise it is really hard to know what the problem might be. Thank you for the picture though! :blush:

I will take them off next week but I wanted to harvest the remaining honey out so it is easier to handle the hive.

1 Like

Yes, I have the same breakage. For me, several plastic parts at the top of the each flow frame are broken. When I put the Key in, the broken tops are unaffected by the key movement so no honey can be harvested.

Will FLOW replace the broken frames? My Flow Hive is less than 1yr old.

BusyBrunette aka Michelle

If you send photos of the problem, together with your original order number to info@honeyflow.com, the Flow team will help you out. They are very good about making things right. :blush:

1 Like

The whole frame would not need to be replaced - just a couple of the plastic sliding or static parts inside - the frame can easily be opened up and individual pieces replaced by removing the tension wires.

Hi Michelle,

Could you please email info@honeyflow.com with a description of the issue (photos would also be very helpful, if possible) so we can see what is needed to address this issue for you.

Cheers,
Free (Flow Team)