Eva's first Flow harvest šŸ˜ Pennsylvania, USA

Hi folks! As mentioned I enjoyed my first harvest last week, with everything working beautifully. I benefited immensely from many of your posts along the way, so I felt confident and my guests were blown away. The whole experience was simply amazing

Not pictured are 3 more quart jars and at least a dozen 8 oz jars that I gave away - oh, and the two 8 oz jars weā€™ve almost eaten up already!

FullSizeRender.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg

19 Likes

Oh @Eva, I am so happy for you, and so proud of you too. :blush:

Great photos, thank you for sharing the joy.

Dawn :heart_eyes: :hugs:

4 Likes

Yep, well done Eva, your persistence has paid off, thereā€™s no honey sweeter than your own.
I hope you have given some to Cowgirl. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You go girl!! Congratulations

3 Likes

So true skegs! Thanks :slight_smile:ļø

We miss Cowgirl donā€™t we? I do hear from her from time to time so when we chat next I will be sure to send greetingsā€‹:cherry_blossom::honeybee:

3 Likes

@Eva, fantastic to see :slight_smile: Enjoy every dropā€¦and the impatience that comes with waiting for another season :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You have done a great job and nice looking honey. You are all set now to power on waiting for your next season with more confidenceā€¦
Cheers

1 Like

Many thanks to all of you and to the Flow community ~ and high fives to Cedar & Stuart :raised_hands:

And just so you know, I do have a little local help:

7 Likes

Or is that a little local helper? :smile: :rofl:

1 Like

Exactly - knew youā€™d deliver on that @Dawn_SD :joy::wink:

Thatā€™s Jack, my nephew :heart_eyes: He took a keen interest in my Flow super when he was visiting this past winter. I gave him my gloves, Flow hat with veil & my hive tool to try out. The veil almost covered his whole body :smile: He is 5 and on the small side. He asked so many questions about bees and how they live, we knew we had to make sure he could participate in the harvest in spite of other allergies he has/worries he might react badly to a sting. Hence the full suit.

2 Likes

Good that you have Jack starting young Eva, Keep the interest in nature going and odds are he will follow his Aunties interest in bee keeping.
Cheers

3 Likes

I just love success stories. :smiley:

1 Like

OMG :open_mouth: my bees are filling up my flow super for my first spring harvest! Iā€™m so excited! After I read your post I put my super on in a break in the weather.

7 Likes

YESSSSS!!! So exciting Martha :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Any progress with the bees refilling the super?

No super on here just yet - trying to nurse along a very small cluster of winter survivors & the queen seems a bit shaky. I will be adding a frame of brood etc from another beekeeperā€™s stock tomorrow. Fingers crossed they can build up okay -

3 Likes

Awesome pics Eva! Nice to see some ho eh harvest out of PA. Nice set up too!!!

2 Likes