Hello from Los Angeles

Hello Flow Forum from Los Angeles (Glendale, if you’re close enough to know the area). Thanks for posting so much wonderful information on this site. I’ve been lurking for a few weeks and this newbie has learned a lot from your collective wisdom already.

My Flow Hive 2 is assembled, dolled up, and awaiting bees coming this spring. In the meantime, I’m trying to be a sponge.

See you around,

Dominic

4 Likes

Hello and welcome to the Flow forum!

Glad you found us. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. Meanwhile, if you have a local bee club that is meeting virtually (mine is ~130 miles south of you and it is operating virtually), I would strongly suggest that you join for local knowledge about nectar flow etc. I wouldn’t necessarily say that you have a Flow hive, just say a Langstroth. The brood is managed the same way, it is only the harvest that is different, and we can help you with that part.

Roll on the end of lockdowns! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the tips! Yes, I’ve signed up for my local Association and am scheduled to attend their virtual Beekeeping 101 classes starting next month. I haven’t studied this much since middle school!

2 Likes

Welcome, Dom! I’m new too, and down here in San Diego. I’m still waiting for my hive to arrive, and that’s no jive!

1 Like

Looking forward to it!

Dom