Identify the plant

That is what we are here for Mark, and nice to get good feedback too.
Cheers

1 Like

Does anyone know this plant. Itā€™s a low shrub type of weed that grows all over the paddock where my bees are & the bees are loving it.

Most of the delicate petals fell off on the way home.

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised nobody answered @JeffH - oh well, letā€™s call it Paddockwort :slightly_smiling_face::cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

As nice a name as paddockwort is I cannot believe it isnt anything so Iā€™m going to nane my next batch of mead, Paddockwort. :slight_smile: That is if you dont mind @Eva. :nerd_face:
Perhaps this app can help @JeffH

1 Like

Where is @busso when you need him? He is supremely good at plant IDs. :smile:

1 Like

Absolutely have no idea.

Certainly did not come across it in my youth when one would be rolling over in the clover so to speak.

PS Your up early this morning. Top of the morning. I am on my way to bed

3 Likes

Not at all, if thereā€™s a bottle in it for me :crazy_face::champagne:

1 Like

Can anyone help identify this small tree(about 10 metres), growing in sandy soil in sub-tropical Sunshine Coast Queensland, Australia. Seems to flower dependent on rainfall rather than season. Flowers are whit and very abundant. Very bee attracting. It is an evergreen in this climate but not sure in colder areas. Botanical name or common name is ok so that I can but potted shrub to plant out. Cheers to all.

Hi Peter, cheers to you two. Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s a Grevillea hilliana. That was after a quick google search.

2 Likes

Yes the flower certainly look like Grevillea hilliana but the leaves donā€™t quite match.
Grevillea hilliana has very large seed pod 25mm X14mm (1"X1/2") so that should confirm it.

2 Likes

How about Grevillea baileyana (white oak) or Grevillea hilliana? Nice healthy-looking plant, whichever Grevillea it turns out to be! :blush:

2 Likes

@Dawn_SD and @JeffH Havenā€™t noticed a seed pod but will look closer after it flowers. With the steady rain recently I has one flowering after another and flowers last about 3 weeks. It really does have the look of a Grevillea, and thanks for sending me in that direction.
The paperbark are once again in full flowering with the recent rain and the hives are now increasing the honey stored after the bees were living off it over the late spring/summer hot and dry period.
Cheers

3 Likes