Meet the Beekeeper filming in USA July 2016

Ohhhh… it would be fantastic to meet you!
Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to predict a nectar flow in advance, particularly in my location in Pennsylvania. Long term planning of flow harvests would be a guess at this point.

I have two FlowSupers and will be comparing two colonies productivity at the same time. They are on my most productive colonies and I expect the harvest to be heavy.

July is generally hot and a dry period in my neck of the woods. Would love to talk more about it.

My apiary is set up for detailed and frequent observation of the honey bees. Rural America, on a dirt road :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are welcome to visit our two flow hives here in East Tennessee at the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. We are new but studied a couple years before beginning. Sitting with our bees and granddaughter in the evenings is one of our great pleasures this summer.

Sandy
slong@cn.edu
slong0102@gmail.com

My bee assistant!! Granddaughter is a big help…

4 Likes

In the past three days, we’ve done 3 Television Presentations about the flow hive as part of pollinator week here in the U.S.

We also discussed the importance of bees as compared to other pollinators. And of course, yesterday, the Honey Queen was here (Pennsylvania State)… she is a Senior at Penn State and is graduating as an entomologist next May.

I gave a presentation at the Tom Ridge Environmental Center that was very well received. I was amazed at how many bee keepers were not at all familiar with the FlowHive or FlowFrames. Roughly 30% of those in attendance had any knowledge of the system.

Yesterday, I took part in a pollinator week exhibit and was there to answer questions about honey bees. While having a discussion with a long time beekeeper, I asked him what he would say was the most interesting thing he’s learned about beekeeping in the past year… he paused, “The FlowHive… definitely the most interesting new information in beekeeping”.

Just wanted to share that I’m doing my part :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Which Honey Queen? The reigning queen attends Iowa State.

The Pennsylvania State Honey Queen… not the National… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to see so many people harvesting!

2 Likes