My FH 2 x 6 is having a face lift

:clap: :clap: I am very happy with my new Flow Hive 2 Cedar 6 frames that I have only since this X’mas !!
I am not using it now as I will start my bee course next week 21 January and will try to learn how to start all of this new adventure…
Here in my area is winter and at night is till going under freezing temperatures…
Thank you FLOW the Hives was nicely cut and had clear info on the inside of the wood to better understand " for an old lady … like me "…and not on expert on mounting hives… it was nice to get to the end…
Thank’s to the new friends from all over the world…in this Flow Forum where I found lots of help and advice on my 100’ questions…
I am slowly making little design on the outside of my hive to make it cute…
They are very simple design but makes the outside not so empty…
Today or tomorrow I will start to put the Tung Oil on the outside to protect the wood and will give quite a few hands… :woman_facepalming:( never done it before… will see )… :crossed_fingers:
Have a nice day everyone ! And thank you for your precious help.

13 Likes

good stuff, I love that big bee, where did you find the stencil?

1 Like

Hi, non of this are stencils… I went into so many different paint shop and did not find any stencils to do with bees… many other animals but no bee… :rage: so i just made copy from design and used the Pyrography to engrave the wood… but slowly work…a millimeter at the time as it is very small and you burn on the outside so easily…

6 Likes

Wow thats so good. Awesome job.

1 Like