The Flow customer support (CS) team receive a steady stream of inspirational stories from customers around the world who have overcome a huge range of obstacles to fulfil their dream of becoming a beekeeper.
The stories range across the following:
- Beekeeping in a wheelchair
- Beekeeping whilst fighting significant health issues e.g. cancer
- Beekeeping whilst overcoming significant personal trauma
- Beekeeping in challenging climates such as high snowfall and freezing temperatures
- Beekeeping in challenging terrain e.g. high altitude and mountainous ranges, only accessible by donkey
- Beekeeping on micro balconies in concrete jungles
- Beekeeping in severe weather conditions such as drought or flood
The stories shared are incredibly inspirational and the common theme is that the benefits of keeping bees outweigh the difficulties faced by those with significant challenges. In many health-related cases, I believe the calming, soothing, and sense-of-purpose effect bees have on a beekeeper, even by just observing the landing board with a morning cup of tea, can offer such an unexpected value for general wellbeing.
Does anyone on the forum feel inclined to share their story and tips for others in a similar situation?