Show a pic of your setup

That is a seriously locked together hive!

Used an empty deep to surround the feeder and a pollen patty for now until I need to put some frames in there. Will use the flow super as the third deep later in the season.

Wood part of stand is just 2x4s cut to 4ā€™ long and spaced apart just enough to hang a frame on the ends sticking out past the cinder blocks.

7 Likes

The latches are a standard feature on the hives I use

Havenā€™t used an emlock/tiedown since switching!

3 Likes

Installed my package on Saturday - everything seems to be happening as it should. Will be checking for queen escape tonight.

9 Likes

Glad you have your bees!
I did the same thing getting ready. I think I consumed almost every video out there and read books constantly.

3 Likes

Here a pic of my flow hive

12 Likes

From my bee webcam :slight_smile:

11 Likes

That is cool @Beast9156 :wink:

lol yeah its pretty awesome i check on them all through the day

2 Likes

its a DLink DCS 2330L. its weatherproof so thatā€™s nice and i have it on a 100ā€™ cable from the house. my wifi does reach that far but the cable gives much better video. And Dlink has an app that you can view it through the internet on your phone.

5 Likes

Now, thatā€™s an impressive stand :flushed:

Wow! Where on earth did you get the stand from?

This is Zabā€™s stand.

1 Like

Did you make the stand? It looks good.

Zab bought the stand. I linked it above.

Thank again @Beast9156 didnā€™t realize everyone was chatting about my stand.:wink:

@Beast9156 I like the webcam concept. Ive got an analogue CCTV cam on my hive to keep a remote eye on things but my plan is to install an IP cam.
On a general question though, how do you attach pics and videos to flow posts? I cant seem to locate any facility for it or even help guidance on doing it. I hope the solution is not going to be too obvious! :blush:

For the pics when you post on here just above where you type youā€™ll see an picture of a box with an arrow pointing up. As i remember the pictures have to be 3MB or less. FOr videos i use a gopro with a head strap and then upload them to youtube and just copy and paste the links right into the post. i use dlink webcams they have a nice site and app for personal remote viewing.

1 Like

Hey Ryan thanks for the infoā€¦hmm couldnt see for lookingā€¦all too obvious now. :flushed:
Iā€™m still experimenting with cams and videoā€¦I have a couple of GoPro ripoffs with all the compatible accessories that Ive been playing with and in hindsight I think I prob should have bought a genuine GoPro from the start with all the probs Iā€™ve had with the copies. I use Hikvision IP cams in a Synology surveillance system Iā€™m running and I was going to add more cams to monitor my hivesā€¦its a bit of overkill, but its an existing system so Iā€™ll give it a run. Iā€™ve used DLink gear in the past and it seems to have good support. :relaxed:

Hi everyone

Here is mine. Got my bees last thursday! :bee::sunny::bee:

18 Likes