Sussex UK FLOWers?

Hi, thinking of returning to beekeeping after 20 years. Flow looks like a way to get restarted but would like to hook up with someone local who is using FLOW. Looking for users in SUSSEX - anyone?

There is apparently a facebook page specifically for Flow Hive UK

Thanks - found that and pending acceptanceā€¦R

No problem, more likely to find specific to Sussex. :slight_smile:

Help! I have a ready built flow Hive with no bees, and am new to bee keeping but have attended a course. Are there any active[quote=ā€œRobinS, post:1, topic:8408, full:trueā€]
Hi, thinking of returning to beekeeping after 20 years. Flow looks like a way to get restarted but would like to hook up with someone local who is using FLOW. Looking for users in SUSSEX - anyone?
[/quote]

Flow Hive beekeepers in West Sussex that would like to borrow my hive for the season, or come and help me set up, as Iā€™m unable to do it this year for medical reasons. Ideally Iā€™d like to be able to visit, watch and learn occassionally. Is it too late for this season?

1 Like

Hi Newbee55,

Responding to your post.

Iā€™m not currently active. A move 20 or so years ago put me in a location without room for bees (without being under trees) so I may not qualify as being experienced enough any moreā€¦However, I can certainly help occasionally. I have no FLOW experience, the harvesting was always a case of borrowing a spinner and getting very messy with a few too many ā€˜helpersā€™ coming into the house. It would be great to handle bees again, listen to their chat and take time off work to watch those girls busily workingā€¦(sorry, Iā€™m droning on a bit).

Iā€™m in Shoreham and my work takes me mainly eastwards.

Iā€™ll certainly keep an eye out for swarms and let you know if interested. Have had a couple in last few years, that did someone a turn.

Robin.