VAT charge on UK delivery

Ooo…did you phone them Valli?
Well done …

1 Like

waited on the phone for ages and one phone died so had to ring back

• The team gave me some more info which I have sent off in the email addy they gave me

Let’s hope they waive the vat…

Fat chance. The Aussies in Melbourne have an expression you’ve got Buckley’s (Buckley’s and Nunn were/are a big department store)

Please keep us posted on what you find out. We are quite interested in what you have found

1 Like

@MartinB OK this is what they said for frames only

Thank you for your email enquiry on the goods as detailed below.

Further to my colleagues earlier e-mails, from the information you have supplied in your email, my advice is that the plastic frames on their own would be classified in 3926909790.

Hope that all helps?

1 Like

Hi

What code are you now using for the complete hives? 0% duty applies and the 20% VAT is fully recoverable, but only if you apply the correct code at source. Please confirm.

@givitago I would be grateful if you did fined the code - I came up against a bureaucratic brick wall

Hi-I have just had my full flow hive delivered ,and the flow frames ,and I was not asked to pay any thing at all-was GLS,a firm I do not know-(I too am in UK)-I have noticed by the way,that the flow key sent is just a metal L shape and has no handle-is this how it should be?,as in all the pictures and manual it shows a handle- which would be necessary I should imagine esp. in the case of hard to turn instances-am looking forward ,with a bit of trepidation-to putting it all together

That’s cheep! Here in NZ I just got charged $124 for release from customs, all of which would have made it cheaper to just buy the sodding honey!

I’d be interested to see the pictures you are referring to. Every video or picture I have seen so far has just been the L-bent flat key. The only handle is the short side of the bend

Now that might explain why we found the roads to be so good over there.

1 Like

Kiwi here too. I paid $254 in total customs and now I’m on their hit list - all items get stopped where as before most sailed thru. My total cost was NZ$1364. I could have a good car for that plus the box does not fit together so further strife to come :cry: I wish I’d got the ones being re-sold here by over enthusiastic indigo supporters - 2 have been onsold at a loss and at $950 each. Would have been easier to sleep at night.

I’m afraid VAT is VAT, and some may get confused on what you get charged for Importing items into the UK from outside the EU.

There is

1. Import Duty
  2. VAT
  3. Administration fee levied by DHL, UPS, FedEx, Parcelforce etc

Some countries take part in a Global Shipping Program, e.g. Amazon and eBay, where you pay the Import Duty, VAT (maybe) in advance to a Broker, which arranges the shipping, and this may speed up clearance through UK customs from purchases outside of the EU.

These days, the World has got smaller with trading outside of Europe, 15 years ago, you would hardly ever get a bill for VAT, Duty and Admin fee on parcels from outside the UK, but today, you are VERY LUCKY if you don’t get stung. (excuse the pun!)

Technically anything with a value over £15, can be VATTed, gift, or not these days.

I was always aware of this, and unfortunately can make the item even more expensive, than listed on the site, and it really has nothing to do with Flow, every country is different. (they could have done the Global Shipping Program route, but it would still make the item more expensive).

So those that got them with no payment of VAT, Duty or Admin fee, this time you’ve been lucky!

Looks like that no VAT is applied to importing goods under £15 per package.

And no Customs Duty on anything under £135

So, as long as each of your orders are less that £15, you are in the clear. Excellent!!

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

I won a competition in the US, the goods were sent as a gift, I had to pay VAT and Admin FEE on a gift of £70!

The NHS has to be paid somehow in he UK!

1 Like

The NHS is paid from National Insurance… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Joke- :slight_smile:Yes, I know and that’s not working!

We all need to start paying more Tax and NI, to save the NHS, and/or Means Tested Treatment, if you are in 40% Tax Bracket, you pay for your Health - unfortunately such changes will not be popular with any government, and no government will ever have the balls to do it, at the fear of losing votes.

BUT, I’m somewhat not confident eve if they had the money, they wouldn’t piss it up the wall…

because NHS Management is awful.

You Poms are sure hard done by. Down Under we are not charged any VAT (GST) for anything that is valued under $1,000

Hi Max, don’t say that too loud:) We also have a NHS that needs funding.

1 Like

that will change in the future…maybe you don’t need to import anything, we dont eve make steel here in the UK any more!