Any flowhive owners in Switzerland?

I am a new owner of a flow hive in the Germanspeeking Swiss alps, with absolutely no experience on beekeeping. But it is a good thing and I hope to be producing soon.
Any one around?

Hey Roderick,

Ich fange auch gerade dieses Jahr an mit der Imkerei. Heute gerade meinen Flow Hive erhalten! :slight_smile: Die Flow Frames sind noch auf dem Weg. Melde mich sobald ich los legen kann.

Grüsse aus Bern

Flo

Liebe Bienenfreunde, ich hätte wegen unvorhergesehener und kurzfristiger Übernahme von Teilen einer Imkerei hier im Dorf (letztes Jahr) ein nie benutztes umgebautes Magazin mit drei Flow Frames und nochmal drei Flow Frames dazu komplett abzugeben. Ich brauche das nicht mehr weil ich komplett konventionell ausgestattet bin. Alles dabei für einen Anfänger (Hochboden, Futterdeckel, Absperrgitter, einige gedrahtete Rähmchen). Interesse?

Hallo,
Hatte noch nicht geplant zu beginnen, muss zuerst Platz ausräumen.
Allerdings wäre ich interessiert. Wie viel kostet es?
Vielen Dank
Asbjorn

Ist leider schon weg aber Danke für das Interesse! Ich kann leider den Eintrag nicht löschen.

Viele Grüße
Bernhard

Hi,

I just wanted to reach-out to see if you’re still beekeeping! I just ordered my flow hive & am based in Zurich. Now I’m wondering about how to get bees, and it it’s too late in the year to start… It would be great to hear from you as I’m a complete beginner too.
Cheers,
Debra

You have to do a course over 2 years to be allowed to keep bees in Switzerland.
For Zurich: http://www.zh-bienenvereine.ch/Kurse
For useful info: https://www.bienen.ch/bildung-wissen/selber-bienen-halten.html

Thanks so much! I just read they recommend to purchase bees shortly after starting the course to fully benefit from the course. I’ll reach out to the Meilen Bees Vereine to find out more about a course and bees closer to me.

Hi all
I live in the French part and did a course about 5 years ago. I am now considering which Flow hive to buy ready for next year. So has anyone in Switzerland used the Flow Hives - particularly in snowy conditions? Are local beekeepers sceptical or supportive?
Thanks!