Australian price?

I just want to add my two bobs worth to this topic. The western red cedar, as far as I can see is a free upgrade. Correct me if I’m wrong but the original perks were to be flat packed, unpainted hives. I assumed they were to be assembled & painted just like any other beehive.

So it seems there is now a dedicated Australian price using Aussie hoop pine.
Thanks for listening Flow Team.

1 Like

Sorry it has taken longer than we had hoped but we now have a website and pricing for Australian customers only.

Some of the pine hives arrived in the office today, although not as tough in the weather as the western red cedar, pine is a slightly harder timber and with laser cut joins they look awesome.

1 Like

They are looking super good… I especially like the way the bottom is sloping to the entrance and there is a wedge to give the Flow the opposite for honey drainage… clever!

Exchange rates fluctuate so the price is the price no matter what currency it is in is only true if time stands still or at a set point in time, if the Aussie dollar starts doing better, cheaper, if fares worse, more expensive. Plus it affects shipping rates being manufactured overseas?

There’s currently a 15% off sale in AUD until June 16th. I’m ordering on Monday hopefully.

1 Like

Me too, will be working on my wife in the mean time. Flow had better be prepared to send out one Pine complete hive and an additional 7 super frames for the horizontal hive that I am building - that is is the BOSS allows.

1 Like

My wife is stoked. She was however allergic to bee stings as a child so we’ll take that into account.

1 Like

Just putting our order in. Has anyone noticed the shipping cost on these things?? $65 for Australia Post or $124 for Express. From Brisbane? I live in Brisbane… That seems a little, erm, high.

It seems high but there’s a fair bit of weight in the boxes. Maybe its a standard rate to anywhere in the country or at least on East Coast. I did read somewhere that whilst the gear is made in Brisvegas, it is shipped out from a Sydney distribution centre. I’m still intrigued by how my first WRC Flow Hive came from US and the Flow frames came from Brisvegas and both arrived almost at same time, yet my Pine Hive from Brisbane and Flow frames from Brisbane came in separate shipments a day apart. :astonished: