Bee Photographs

These are from a great website things to do with honey

http://honeyfingers.com.au/

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:I love the wasp helmet!!!

1 Like

And the shield too - I kept looking at his other hand for a sword! :laughing:

2 Likes

That is just wild. Thanks for the pictures.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

It got up to 91 degrees F / 33 degrees C today. The nuc box bees were still bearding quite a bit at 8PM!

5 Likes

Same weather for us in PA/philly area. No rain for weeks - have had to refill bee watering hole daily!

2 Likes

Nice I noticed mine like the wet dirt in my plants more than the little plate I set out under a plant.

Yes - I call it their strawberry swamp!

2 Likes

I have an orchid swamp :slight_smile:

2 Likes

These photos were taken back in April 2016 with my Sony phone. I've got an Australian native garden (mainly, except for a few fruiting vines and trees - passionfruit vine in the images) and have seen not only my own bees but also a couple of different native bees claiming residence. I'm looking forward to warmer, more active, weather...and the photos I might get!
4 Likes

Went out for some early morning inspections and found this lovely creature (Red-spotted Purple (Limenitis arthemis)) hanging out with the bees.

5 Likes

Caught the girls taking a drink. They love to go under the broken coconut.

1 Like

catching a swarm :slight_smile:

2 Likes

and here’s my own stupid bees swarming and running away from home… :cry:

fortunately…

I caught them down the track a bit and put them into a new box… :smile:

2 Likes

One of six swarms collected today

Also a short video of a feral hive in a gum tree that generated two swarms today:
https://youtu.be/bjIPCBCNi4k

2 Likes

Neighbor messaged me to let me know that my bees had found her hummingbird feeder!

9 Likes

Whoopee, no need to spend money making up winter syrup for them!!! :smile:

By the way, how the heck does she know that they are your bees??? :smiling_imp: That is standard California legal defense for bee sting litigation - prove it was one of my bees! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well, I recognized them right away Dawn! Bobbees of Ball Ground GA are famous :sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh, they’re mine.
That’s Beatrice, Beulah, Bonnie, Babbette, Bethsheba, Bidelia, and Joan.

5 Likes

Lovely pictures
Lovely pictures