We ordered a full flowhive last year and we use Dadant hives in our small bee project. We had to get a Langstroth in order to get a colony prepared for the full flowhive. Unfortunatly, the queen died in october, we had to build a custom Dadant/Langstroth frame in order to build a new one. Our Full Flowhive is ok now but that’s not easy to work with both environement.
We decided to build a hybrid super where we can use flowframe on top of our Dadant 10 frames hive. During our test, we found the video on how rebuild a frame. It appeared that you just have to remove one part of the frame to get the length from Langstroth to Dadant. So we gave it a try.
A friend built custom metal cable to keep the frame reduced in place. We started from a Dadant 10 frames Broodbox, reduced its height to fit Langstroth. We modified 4 standard Dadant frames to fit Langstroth Height.
Here are some pictures of the result. Painting is coming tonight, we hope to put it next week in place.
[URL=https://someimage.com/I25mEpl][/URL] [URL=https://someimage.com/AUNnkz0][/URL] [URL=https://someimage.com/Q3hSysc][/URL] [URL=https://someimage.com/TU1gPGb][/URL] [URL=https://someimage.com/vPfso7M][/URL] [URL=https://someimage.com/39REFJD][/URL] [URL=https://someimage.com/I0f2wx8][/URL] [URL=https://someimage.com/WL14rVH][/URL] [URL=https://someimage.com/28iOPBG][/URL] [URL=https://someimage.com/KLl4hWk][/URL] [URL=https://someimage.com/jCzp2S5][/URL]