Unfortunately I’m going to have to give up beekeeping and have my bees collected after my second year!
So what happened?
Well on Sunday after I was stung, for I believe the 4th time ever, this time on my face. Prior to this the 3 times I was stung I probably had a mild / strong local reaction on my legs, localised swelling, soreness etc. This time I was not actually inspecting the bees, just nearby so did not take precautions with smoking, hood etc.
This time however it was far from what I experienced before. My eyes have been nearly closed since Sunday, swollen face, impacted eyesight and generally feeling rotten. I went to the GP and he suggested that this was time to call it a day rather than risk Anaphylaxis the next time. I’ve been weighing up the pros/cons/risks etc, and I’ve decided to take the medical advice. It would seem I have a bit of an allergy I was not aware of.
What a shame, I was just starting to feel more confident too.
At least it was an interesting few years!
The question I have, I would like to try and re-coop my costs.
Does anyone know what a 1 year old good condition flow hive/box would be worth in Australia?