Hi Jennifer, and welcome! Not much info in your post there to help you with. So, I have some questions to try to help your hive do better this year.
1. How often did you inspect the hive?
2. How many boxes did you use for brood below the Flow super?
3. Did you check for varroa? If so, how did you do that?
4. Have you done a hive "post-mortem"? What did you find? Dead bees? Full or empty comb?
5. Have you joined a local bee club?
6. Do you have a local beekeeping mentor?
I wish you all the best, and I am not criticizing you, I just want to know how we can best help you. The instructions that came with the Flow hive are not ideal for the US climate zones, and if we know what happened to you this year, we can help you prevent it as you go forward.
Welcome once again.