We now have our scheduled dispatch dates for batches of Mated Queens that will be ready for Summer/Autumn 2016.
We can dispatch direct to you from Kangaroo Island via Express post to Australia wide excluding WA (quarantine issues)
Dispatch dates are as follows:
Limited numbers available per batch.
Availability and to pre-order online at: http://thebunyipbeekeeper.com.au/kangaroo-island-ligurian-bees
The Ligurian bees are perfect for the beginner beekeeper and for urban environments. They come from the worlds oldest bee sanctuary (est 1885) Kangaroo Island which due to their bio-security rules, they are disease free as well as genetically pure.
- Both productive and very gentle.
- Possess longer tongues allowing them to gather nectar from more floral sources.
- They work earlier and later in both the hours of the day and the season.
- The queen is easier to spot which is ideal for novices.
- The queen is a prolific layer yet slows production during winter (uses less stores)
- Low robbing behaviour
- Excellent hive cleanliness
They’re mated and marked.
Pre-Orders are open for each of the above dates, limited availability so best to get in early to secure your queen/s.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly: