Mid-Summer Nucs: LAST BATCH - January 2016 - Victoria

This is my Last batch of nucs for the season, only 17 Nucs are remaining for Mid-January 2016 pickup, be sure to pre-order ASAP.

I am due to split a number of my hives in Bunyip in the next week and will be installing Kangaroo Island mated Queens. Nucs will be available for pickup early to mid January from Bunyip Victoria.

The Ligurian bees are perfect for the beginner beekeeper and for urban environments. They come from the worlds oldest bee sanctuary (est 1885) Kangaroo Island which due to their bio-security rules, they are disease free as well as genetically pure.

Ligurian traits:

• Both productive and very gentle.
  • Possess longer tongues allowing them to gather nectar from more floral sources.
  • They work earlier and later in both the hours of the day and the season.
  • The queen is easier to spot which is ideal for novices.
  • The queen is a prolific layer yet slows production during winter (uses less stores)
  • Low robbing behavior
  • Excellent hive cleanliness

Nucs are $165 each. Scheduled pickup only.

Due to the number of orders coming in and limited stock, it is critical to pre-order your 5 frame nucleus hive as soon as possible.

Should you also require assembled frames (wired and wax foundation), these can be supplied at $7 each and I also provide onsite training for new beekeepers.

Please order directly at: http://thebunyipbeekeeper.com.au/online-shop#!/Ligurian-5-Frame-Nucleus-Colony/p/58007354/category=13880516

Once sold out, there won’t be any more Nucs until Spring 2016.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly:

William Rogers
The Bunyip Beekeeper
Ph: 0487 100 001
email: william@thebunyipbeekeeper.com.au
www.facebook.com/thebunyipbeekeeper