QLD Australia Flow Hive Beekeepers!

Hi James, I in Noosaville. I’m new to forums and flow hives :blush: I don’t get my hive untill March but want to start preparing and learning as much as I can, so any tips etc you are willing to share will be very appreciated as I am a complete novice.

hi endorphin,
thanks for making a connection.
I have much to learn about bees too. I have keep a hive for over a year now. I have my flow hive now and will put bees in it once the sun comes out about, so as not to shock the bees too much.

I"m in Cooroy, in town. I"m happy to share info, etc about bee’s.

james

hi there. I"m in Cooroy and just put bee’s in my flow hive last week. I"m loving the beetle trap and being able to watch the girls working is amazing.
I"ve been bee keeping for 2 years now, but much to learn still.
happy to catch up.
I am a stay at home dad with two home schooling kids (8 and 5 years).
james

Hi James, I would love to come out a check out your hive. Mine should be arriving soon. Do you know how to do a private message on this forum so I can give you my mobile number to organise a catch up? I could’nt figure it out.
http://forum.honeyflow.com/t/qld-australia-flow-hive-beekeepers/2520/29

Click on the coloured symbol or image next to the person’s name at the top of a message. Then click on the little envelope that says “Message” in the top right of the box which appears - that sends a private message to them. :wink:

Hi Everyone,

We’re based out near Wellington Point and have assembled our full flow hive, ready to pick up a nuc tomorrow night. Completely new to beekeeping and grateful for any advice anyone may have to help us along our way.

Hi all
I am on the Sunshine Coast at Warana, Very close to the beach with lots of coastal flowers in full bloom at the moment. I am new to beekeeping & loving it. I am reading & watched every thing I can to learn about beekeeping.
I have had my Flow hive setup for about five weeks now
I bought a 5 frame nuke. They have now drawn out the last few frames.
Lots of brood & honey in all the frames. Looking forward to summer so I can put the super on & see how it goes

Hi guys, I am just researching the Flow system now and planning on ordering our first hive on Monday! So exciting! We are in Ipswich and would LOVE to see a working hive if anyone would be OK to show off. :grinning:

Stan in Toowoomba doesn’t sell NUC’s anymore, so does anyone have a local source?

Kevin

Hi Kevin, bees will be available late spring from most suppliers, check with http://aussieapiaristsonline.net/bees-for-sale.html for suppliers. There are several others in QLD. Are you member of any bee clubs in your region as they will help sourcing bees.

1 Like

Kevin, I am in Brisbane and I went north to Buderim to get my bees from JeffH. It was well worth the extra distance because he is very helpful and a wealth of information on all things bees. Good luck with it. Paul

2 Likes

Thanks Paul… I fully intend to utilize him fully. (Apologies in advance, Jeff. ) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Kevin,

Ipswich and West Morton Beekeepers Association is a local beekeeping club that should be able to assist
http://www.honey.org.au/
or
The Southern Beekeepers Association in Toowoomba
http://www.toowoombabeekeepers.org.au

Thanks Peter. I’ve joined up in Ipswich.

All ready when you are @JeffH. :blush:

Hi Kev, no worries. Probably at the end of August. Have you got my phone number? give us a ring any time. Your boxes look great. cheers

Shall do. Cheers. I’ll gran the number closer to the day.

It’s nice and warm here during the day now @JeffH. Hint hint… lol

Hi Kevin, yes no worries. Give us a ring when your ready.

@JeffH I’m pretty much ready any time, Jeff. I bought a 5 frame nuc box to transfer the bees in. And the Flow box is ready to go. Seriously, if you think it best for the bees to wait, I can though. I don’t want to jeopardize them. I’ve been seeing bees foraging around in our garden lately…so thought it might be an ok time with the nights being a bit milder now.