QLD Australia Flow Hive Beekeepers!

Yeah I need to work out if you want me to supply frames or if you want me to supply the bees into your frames. I did some checking the other day. Some of my hives are ready to split, basically now. I need to check on my main site where I have a few colonies to go into some other flow hives. I don’t think the cold nights are over yet, however if you keep the cold westerlies away from the entrance & you keep the bees in a warm spot, you’ll be right.

1 Like

I have new frames I can swap you @JeffH. I have ones with wire and foundation on them or the foundation-less ones. Your choice. The spot in our yard is protected from the westerlies.

Well done Kev, if you want to do a swap for frames with foundation, that’ll be fine. I’m sure we can do something when your ready. cheers

1 Like

I’ll bring up 5 frames in the nuc box @JeffH. Give me your number and we’ll arrange a time.

1 Like

Hi Jeff, I am looking for a nuc or a package and would be keen to get one of you if you have any spare in the next little while. I would come up from the Gold Coast. Thanks in advance. Cheers

1 Like

Hi Dave, no problems at all. I’ll pm my ph no.

How are things going with both of my boxes @JeffH ? :relaxed:

Hi Bruce, I checked last week, they’re both doing well. The bees have taken their time building on your frames, but it’s happening now. I wanted a few more bees to hatch out of my frames to boost the populations before putting all of your frames in. We can probably do something about you picking them up towards the end of the week, if you like.

Thank you @JeffH , I understand these things take time as our hive is taking a long time to build up also. Ours has just started to make deposits into the flow frames over the last few weeks. I think all the bad weather lately has not helped much.

We look forward to hearing from you.

cheers

Thanks Bruce, I’m not sure where I put your phone number. Can I have it again please? cheers

Not sure if this is a wattle? It’s covered in bees at the moment!

New home ready for occupants!

1 Like

I think it’s Acacia podalyriifolia, common to Queensland and a native weed species.

1 Like

Bloody hell… Pretty for a weed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes they are :relaxed:

Just home now with my new tenants thanks to @JeffH! Was a real pleasure meeting you today young man. There were a couple of cranky loose hanger Oners on the way home, but no damage done.

2 Likes

You’re very lucky, I wish I was close enough to be able to visit @JeffH & buy some of his bees…

1 Like

Me too, only half a world away!! :blush:

1 Like

Getting ready to transfer the nuc.

2 Likes

All done. Happy campers

2 Likes