Canadian Flow keepers

Hi Benergizer, I have one flow and live in Ottawa. If you don’t mind we can share some experience. I am a newbee beekeeper.

Hello Im wondering if there is any bee keepers in or around Thunder Bay, Ontario. I really hope to find some one. Im looking for a mentor. I will be ordering my first hive and fingers crossed setting things up next year.

Hi Tsetso. I’m in Ottawa too - how did your flowhive do this summer? Mine was great, even though the bees swarmed and took much of the honey with them. I still got a good harvest with the flowhive.

Hello Benergizer - I’m also in Ottawa. How did your flowhive do this summer?

Hi, my bees did a great job. No problem accepting the flow frames. How many brood boxes are you running? ‎I have two and managed to keep them from swarming. For first year I got enough honey. I will try to have two crops next year.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Bell network.From: C CostainSent: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:36 PMTo: cv_dimitrov@yahoo.comReply To: Flow ForumSubject: [Forum] [Connect with Locals] Canadian Flow keepers

CatCos

October 26

Hi Tsetso. I'm in Ottawa too - how did your flowhive do this summer? Mine was great, even though the bees swarmed and took much of the honey with them. I still got a good harvest with the flowhive.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Tsetso

September 12Hi Benergizer, I have one flow and live in Ottawa. If you don’t mind we can share some experience. I am a newbee beekeeper.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I only had the one brood box when they swarmed, then got another brood box to prevent another swarm. I really loved the flow frames - worked like a charm for me except when I tried extracting in the cold weather and a pound of bees drowned in the jars of honey as I hadn’t seal them up well enough while the honey was flowing from the frames.

Good to hear of some successful flow users nearby. I’m just outside Renfrew in the Ottawa Valley and plan on starting a flow hive in the spring. How are you guys preparing for over wintering in Ottawa?

Simon

I’m not sure yet, but i’ll have to figure it out by this weekend. My usual hive wrap will be too big for the Flow Hive.

The 4" of snow this morning should kickstart your winter preparations!

Complete newbee in Port Hope, Ontario. Luckily there is a great supplier/apiary almost next door so I’m taking a class in a few weeks and ordering my bees and flow give. Can’t wait to see what comes of all this!

Hi,

Like you in 2015, I am seriously considering starting a beehive.

I would like to here how your experience has gone so far? Anything you can share would be appreciated!

Thanks

Dean

Hi Leanne,

I see you are located in Port Perry, I would like to connect and discuss your successes?

I am located just north of you in Cannington and my daughter goes to Port Perry high school.

Many Thanks

Dean

Hey Dean,

Sure. Are you on Instagram? I’m at @leanne_fahy

Hi Leanne,

Just email, dean.rushlow@bell.net

Hope that’s ok?

Thanks for responding

Dean

Hello all, I’m a newbie in the Kingston/Gananoque Ontario area. No hives yet but plan on making the plunge soon. I am looking at joining the limestone beekeepers guild and was curious if anyone else is in my area and belongs to a club?

hi beeWarkworth
I’m just jumping in on this form as I live in Brighton a newbie to bee keeping
also and just ordered a flow hive
wondering how its going as you have been going for a few years
where did you source your bee’s was it local also wondering if you could help me along with ideas

Scot are you still using a flow hive? I just got two 10 frame Brood boxes started up Verona area. Are you a member at a local club. I am interested in connecting with local flow hivers.
Regards Andy

Hi Andy,
Good to hear from you. I don’t have any hives at the moment. I am attending the Ontario Beekeepers Association beginner workshop in a couple of weeks. I would like to get 2 or 3 brood boxes set up after that if I can. I have been in touch with the Limestone beekeepers guild but missed the meeting last week.

Cheers,
Scot

Scot,
I am happy to report that my Two new flow hives are operating well. I had them shipped to my Kinek mailbox at Wellesley Island Bldg Supply. They came in 4 packages so $5 each. But are the full size 10 frame Brood and 7 Flow Super. I am out of town the third Thursday for the next 3 months unfortunately. You can text or call my cell 613-532-0467
Regards Andy

Kingsville, Ontario here :grinning:
Installed my first nuc near the end of May and I think I am ready to put on the flowsuper. Can’t wait.
I have a topic in the “Beekeeping Basics” subject if anyone is interested. Sort of a week to week description and just talk.
http://forum.honeyflow.com/t/my-project-is-coming-together/11330/19

I am always up for beers!!! Cheers

1 Like