Happy Thanksgiving, even if you don't celebrate it today!

Hi Forumites,

I am a Brit/American (dual citizen) and I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. This is my favorite celebration, as it is secular and all-inclusive, with no expensive gifts required. Just friendship and reflection on how life is good for us.

I am really happy to have such a great collection of friends on this forum. You all mean a lot to me every day. Thank you for being here. You keep me humble, teach me new things every day, and share my wonder of bees and the natural world.

I am grateful that the Anderson family took the risk to develop the Flow hive, and set up such a fabulous support system for everyone who uses it and loves bees. Truly, their vision has been astounding and amazingly constructive. A very positive influence in a difficult world.

I really appreciate the effort that honey bees and all pollinators put into sustaining our environment and food sources on a daily basis. No holidays for them, they are truly heroes. They tolerate my mistakes, and reward me with wonderful crops of avocados, passion fruit and many other fresh goods too numerous to count.

So thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Keep on doing what you are doing, we can all make the world a better place together if we stay positive and keep trying.

:hugs: :heart_eyes: :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Many thanks Dawn, the feeling is mutual.

We don’t celebrate thanksgiving, however I think we should.

Even though we don’t celebrate thanksgiving, a lot or retailers are latching on to the “black Friday specials” idea.

1 Like

I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving @Dawn_SD, and on that note, today I would like to give thanks for your wonderfully supportive and well informed contributions to this community. Wishing you plentiful harvests.

1 Like

Dawn, you said it all and beautifully (as always). I feel the same way about Thanksgiving, dubious origins aside. I too am so very grateful for our Flow community and how much goodness beyond honey that beekeeping has brought to my life!

3 Likes