Hello from the Daintree Rainforest, Australia

Hi everyone,

I am 16 years old and bought a Western Red Cedar Flow Hive in April of this year. I have now had bees in my hive for just over two weeks, so I am very new to beekeeping. I live in the World Heritage listed Daintree Rainforest, in Queensland, Australia, the oldest in the world and have created an Instagram account documenting my adventure as a beginning beekeeper. Please feel free to check it out - my username is beeniehoney :yum: Thank you! :blush::slight_smile:

Happy beekeeping,
Victor

10 Likes

Good luck with the bees

1 Like

Very exciting, are you the youngest Flow owner then?

1 Like

That sounds interesting :slight_smile:

Feel free to post some photos and videos here, as I’ve never used Instagram (eek) :fearful:
p.s. I think you tag flowhive if you want to share your Flow Hive experiences…
Don’t know if it’s @ or # (need to read the help menu :stuck_out_tongue: )

Might be like Facebook was for me many years ago :wink:

1 Like

Ok, sounds great. I will do that then if I have a particularly interesting story to share :grin:

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think there is a good chance that I am, yes :grin::sunglasses:

Nope
Younger in the UK

Wow, Dee - you’re certainly a lot wiser than your years :wink:

3 Likes

Oh come on, @Eva! You have to admit that most of us are teenagers (or younger) at heart. :smile: After all, we like building boxes out of wood, playing with insects and getting all dirty and sticky! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:good point - 10 years old seems about right for me!

Hahaha :joy: :bee: hahaha

1 Like

Yay!!! …
Well done Dawn

2 Likes

Hi Victor, that is fantastic that you got into bees at a young age. I wish all the very best with it, cheers

2 Likes

Thanks Jeff, and I will definitely be staying on these forums and getting advice from all you expert beekeepers :grin:

1 Like

Thanks Beenie, I just double checked how you spelt expert. Plenty of experts here, not too many eggsperts you’ll be pleased to know.

2 Likes