Levelling feet for flow hive classic

I’m just setting up my second flow hive classic. On the first one I had some leveling feet from an old washing machine. For the new one I found Bunnings has some low price feet.

They come in two packs of 4, one pack has the sockets and one has the feet. When drilling for the sockets at the rear be careful not to have them intruding into the slot for the base board.

6 Likes

Nice solution and good looking hive

1 Like

What is the size of your levelling feet? Is this the one -https://www.bunnings.com.au/richmond-30mm-x-m6-steel-fixed-levelling-feet-4-pack_p0078257?

Thanks.

Hi Paul,
those feet you link to have 6mm screws, mine have 8mm. Mine also screw into sockets, also from Bunning. I linked the items in an earlier post and those links are still working.

Hi Kim,
I noticed the way that you vented your roof. Looks very neat.
Does it allow for sufficient ventilation?
People are always asking how to vent the roof on this forum and your way is probably the most appealing to the eye. :+1:

Thanks! (I didn’t realise they were links you posted, i thought they were some advertising links.)

Hi Tim,
I drilled out the ends of the logo to about 6mm but they closed up with the weather slightly expanding the wood inside. The inside of the roof was getting mouldy from the damp coastal weather.

I’ve since drilled them for the plastic cupboard vents that used to be a feature of old kitchen cupboards. If you go that way, remember to remove the vertical screw that holds the top plate on first, as it reaches far enough into the gable to get in the way of the hole saw, then it can be screwed in again.

Ah yes, I hit the scree too when I drilled a 1inch hole either end. I’m a bit rougher than you, I just tracked a piece of fly screen over the hole on the inside.