Looking for keepers in London who already have a FlowHive

Thanks again Paras. I’m replying late because of working too long hours the last few days.

I will be taking a course soon and only then looking to get the hive. Yes, I did wonder whether experienced keepers would be sceptical about FlowHive and you’re confirming they can be. But others are OK with it hopefully. And I note the tip on the Langstroth frames.

It’s not bees but I have to ask you, if I may - the tigers in your logo - did you really get up so close to them? That is an amazing image. Had to mention it.

Thanks very much.
Going to go on a proper course before I get my hive.

Hi Nick,

Yes they are tigers, when I was younger I worked with wild life.

When you planning to get your hive started

Hi Paras

Amazing to see the picture. I’ve decided I’m going to get the hive started only after I’ve been on a course. I’m so busy with work at the moment that I’m not sure when I can but as soon as possible.

Hi Nick,

I had the work dilemma too, I can only mainly do the beekeeping on the weekends.

The course I attended was on the weekends so worked out just fine, I did find that in the course they were saying not to buy the flow hive due to crystallization of the honey.

Jamie who posted his UK flow hive harvest, said that if you harvest as soon as the bees have capped the honey you will not find the problem of crystallization.

I am still waiting for my bees to arrive, hoping it will be within the next two weeks.

Sounds good. It’s amazing how popular bees have become. Did you get into it just because you love to eat honey?

My story is strange, My dad saw the flow hive video and bought it.

His friend said to keep it in the UK as the bees are not aggressive as the Kenyan bees.

Therefore he gifted the Flow hive to me, I ended up doing research about and then decided to go into beekeeping after the course.

My hive is fully occupied, and the guy I am getting the bees is amazed as how well the bees have take on my hive.

I might put another brood box and if they fill that I will then put a supper on.

Hi Nick,

How are you doing, have you got a FlowHive now and have you started beekeeping.

I enjoy the beekeeping, have been stung few times due to my mistake, but my bees are calm generally so it make it easy to learn to handle them.

I have transferred the bees on to a poly-hive for the winter.

I look forward in hearing from you

Hi Paras

Well I’ve left it a bit late but just in time to wish you happy Christmas! Sorry about that, I’ve been working right up to Christmas and I’ve left my personal emails to the last.

Thanks very much for asking about my bee keeping. The truth is I’ve not made much progress. I’ve been working so hard and settling into the new place that I haven’t given it any proper time. I still need to find a local course to attend. Maybe next year will be the time I finally get my act together.

Anyway, it was good to hear from you and I hope you have a great Christmas break.

My regards,

Nick

Hi Nick,

Good to hear back from you and that you are doing great. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

What do you do for a living that has kept you so busy, not in the banking industry.

I shall look forward in hearing about your experiences with beekeeping.

Hi Para

I work in technology. Offering database (app) building, both consultancy and training courses.

What work do you do?

Are you having a good Christmas break?

My regards,

Nick

Hi Nick,

I work in an Accounting firm, I’m their Financial Controller.

Having a great break, just picked up another FlowHive today.

Have you booked up your beekeeping course for next year.

Paras

Hi there

I am looking at purchasing a Flow Hive in a month or two. I am planning on keeping it dismantled and only assembling it after my move to South Africa in June. I currently live in Wimbledon and work in Hackney, and would to learn as much as I can before moving back to South Africa.

If anyone is keen for a show-and-tell or even just some advice, please let me know.

Deon

Hi Deon,

If you can go to a hand’s on course in beekeeping you would get the experience required as a beginner.

I am on the other side of London, otherwise would have invited you to come.