And It's finally here!

I lost my light to take a picture of the hive stand with the third rail but it’s perfect.

If you are worried about earthquakes put some liquid nails on the bricks that touch and you’ll be good to go.

1 Like

Just gotta see if I beat @Dawn_SD. I got it all!

Me too!! We are both winner, winner, beekeeping dinner!!!

2 Likes

Is it electrified?? Sorry, I lived in central London for several years - 3rd rail has a specific meaning there. :smile:[quote=“adagna, post:41, topic:5487”]
liquid nails on the bricks that touch and you’ll be good to go
[/quote]
In the construction industry, is that how you build houses??? In earthquake zones??? No Simpson ties and epoxy? :joy:

Lol no its not electric.

All you need to do is keep things from shifting which some construction adhesive or cauldron will do nicely

I think that silicone would be a better option rather than liquid nails because when the ground shakes, silicone would be more flexible ?? It would be easier to pull off as well cause when the grounds shakin, I’d rip the hive off and run for the hills. Couldn’t do that with liquid nails.

Hey Adam,

I just got shipping notification for my extra Flow Super - ordered in November 2015, estimated delivery March 2016. I don’t mind at all that it is a tiny bit late, probably won’t use it before next year, but the Flow team are delivering on promises! I just like to have spares in reserve - a beekeeping habit…

:smile:

Dawn

2 Likes

Have you gotten your package yet? 13 days and counting for mine.

1 Like

I am getting a nucleus, ETA 16th April… :flushed: Actually, 2 nuclei…

I need the extra one to stick in this hive…

1 Like

I kind of wish I had gone with a Nuc, but that is what I get for reserving my package 8 months early, I didn’t want to be left out in the cold and have nothing.

Grrr. Still sitting here waiting on a swarm. Over Easter I got a call just as we got to my folk’s place 100 miles away that there was a swarm blocks from my house. Makin me wish I had ordered a package, almost.

I was doing some spring cleaning on my Dad’s hives and thought about doing a split on one that was really buzzing and active… But there was that drive home with bees in a box…

You guys are making me a green bee.

2 Likes

The girls are finally here. Going back to work after I picked them up was one of the hardest things that I have done in a while

3 Likes

Almost ! :honeybee::honeybee: glad you got your bees today. Now onward n forward ! Good luck n enjoy !
Gerald

Keeping the excitement going through this site. Got my boxes waited to open and when I did only got the frames. So, as I wait I wonder if I might need to be very patient. I don’t even have a lead on bees. How crazy is that. Newby forever.:grin:

I got them installed this morning. I went with a shake free method, and they were about 3/4 in the box by the time I had to leave for work. They were very excited to get out of the box, and I had to take the gloves off after like 1 minute. No stings even with a few of the girls landing to check me out. They were already exploring the aquaponics garden within that hour I sat with them. I can foresee sitting in front of the hive many many more hours moving forward.

2 Likes

Here are a couple of shots before I had to leave for work. I thought it was interesting how different bees from the same package looked.

Nice basil too! :wink:

The different colors are evidence of the mating with lots of different drones. Fascinating stuff. :blush: